Wednesday, February 15, 2006

i-bq korea

'An-Yong-Ha-Seh-yo' - Tried the bq Korea at Far East Sq. It was very quiet when we were there. We were the only customer. It makes me wonder if business is that bad in this area at night. But then again, I walked in at 9pm.

I browse through and ordered the Ginseng Chicken Soup, Saba set and Juicy tender beef!
First up were the appetizers. Indeed an impressive start I must say! Kimchi, some salad, Ikan Bilis, peanuts in sweet sauce, egg and some seafood patty.
The 1st dish up was the Grilled Saba. Look like it had been in the frying pan a wee bit too long. It looked dried and stiff… but do not be fool by the look, it was very tasty and the meat was just right. Though I wished the potion was bigger. But then again, it only cost $9.90.
The Ginseng Chicken ($12.90) came in a boiling clay pot. I tried it and found the Ginseng taste too powerful! We were into yet another debate if Ginseng is heaty or a cooling thing! We could not come to a conclusion. Thus, I played it safe and only ate the chicken while J can have the soup!

We also ordered the Juicy Tender beef ($8). My advice! Don’t try! Enough said!

No comments: