Wednesday, February 15, 2006

i-KL

Where can you go for a 'cheapo' getaway with inexpensive but good food? We packed our bags and headed down to Kuala Lumpur... wanted a relax yet a gastronomic adventure.... and these are what we conquered!
This is a must eat thing in KL. The Fried Hokkien Mee! We found this in Chinatown after walking around wondering which stall we should go to. Ended up this one we went to was not so bad! Black, thick and juicy! 2 word.... Super Shiok! Very different from those you find in Singapore I must say.

Lok Lok or Dip dip as I affectionately know it as... my dad use to bring us to the one at Gay World before they were demolished! And I miss it! I know there are still some places with this in Singapore, but I could not resist it when I saw in on the streets in KL. I am someone who loves satay sauce and to me, good satay sauce goes well with everything!

Secret Recipe - Should eat here when in Malaysia, simply because it is very cheap and quite good too! After converting back to SG dollars, my Dory Fish with Lobster Sauce only cost me less den $10.

We went to Jalan Alor and decided to dine at the corner restaurant which seems slightly higher class compared to those by the road side. We ordered their Famous Fried Pork Ribs with Herbs, 2 taste Kailan, Special Sauce Big Headed River Prawns, and Bamboo Clams. The Ribs were good except that it was slightly too fatty! The good thing was the kalian, I am not someone who goes gaga over veggie, but I ate this as it was very tasty, I do not know it if was the way the dish was cooked, but the Kailan was very juicy! The bamboo clams were ordinary. We wanted the stream clams with garlic, however, the boss recommended the Kung Pao which was just so so! The highlight was the prawns, @RM15 per 100gms, and the boss was saying that 1 prawn will weight up to 100-150grams! But we were quite disappointed that the prawns were rather small. Nevertheless, the sauce was super duper delicious and tasty!

No comments: