Saturday, February 18, 2006

i-taste of thailand

This restaurant has been serving up chinese-Thai dishes in Sembawang Shopping Centre for many years. Taste of Thailand, seems to cater to residence in Sembawang/Yishun area! But in facts, foodies from all over Singapore come here through word of mouth recommendations of friends. I heard of this place many times but it's simply too out of the way for me to eat there! And since I was at Sembawang over the weekend, I decided to give it a try! We were there early, about 5plus, it was already quite crowded, but manage to get a table by the window without much of a problem!We ordered the Deep-Fried Fish($12), Pineapple Rice($3) and Deer meat($12) as recommended by the waiter. The fish was nice with the chillie sauce, the pineapple rice was so so only! The deer meat was quite expensive! I think we ordered the wrong food... cos as while we were waiting for the food (which did not take very long) I decided to walk a round to see what ppl were eating! Tom yum soup, pineapple fried rice and deep-fried cuttle fish and deep fried fish seems to be the order of the day! I would say the food is good... cheap too (from the menu, a plate of kailan was $3)... and crowded! Cos by the time we finish the dinner which was in less den half and hour, queues were quite long already!

No comments: