Wednesday, July 19, 2006

LPS Satay - Stall No 6

Today had dinner with my family at Lau Pa Sat. Met up my sister first after gym as my parents had something to attend to.

My Brother in law (BIL) wanted to eat the Fatman Satay (Stall No 1), but I was not in favour of it knowing there is really nothing fantastic about Fatman Satay. We sat down in front of stall 6 as I know they have better satay. We ordered 10 mutton, 10 chicken and 10 beef. 1 rice. Total cost $16. Why I prefer this? Because the meat is slice/in pieces, not mince... they are also more generous in the peanuts in th sauce, not dilute!

I ordered Rojak, 1 Tau Pok, 2 Yu Tiao, 1 Cuttlefish and 1 Century egg ($6). Not too bad, the sauce was also nice, it was kind of warm.. so it made the Rojak taste 'fresh'

My BIL ordered Kway Chap... without the Kway... only the innards, meat and so on. It looked pale, but the chilli enhance the taste.

Our parents arrived and joined us and we ordered more satays. 5 more of each meat. Also ordered Sting Ray and Mee Goreng. The Sting Ray was mediocre... almost passable. The Mee Goreng was totally horrible... it was cold and it was like yellow noodles with chilli paste! Totally lousy!

No comments: