Monday, October 16, 2006

Hong Kong Tea House

After reading the post by ieatishootipost, I was looking forward to try this so called "real authenticity in the Hong Kong Tea House" place. So disappointed I was that I walked out without finishing the food! Crispy Fried Lotus Root with Pork was recommended... errr... I did not get the umami rush that ieatishootipost mentioned.... But I totally agree that 3 pcs for $3.50 is a total waste of money! It was tasteless and it was dull... sigh... disappointed!

ieatishootipost wrote this "The turnip cakes are pretty good. You can really bite into strands of turnip (or are they radishes?) and there is a nice amount of chinese sausages and dried prawns. As good a turnip cakes go. $3 for 3 pieces." I think the only truth in the sentence was the price! It was totally tasteless and the dish was cold! Sigh... disappointed again! We also had their famous HK Milk Tea.. it was so dilute that I think I could taste water in it! The house speciality which was the Red Bean drink also disappointed us... yes, it was full of mushy red beans... but it was a tat too sweet! Perhaps the chefs were not in a good mood that day!

So my verdict.... a picture speaks a thousand words! :)

No comments: