Sunday, January 22, 2006

i-ajisen nagomi

Ajisen Nagomi, Takashimaya. As usual, it's always a problem looking for dinner on a saturday night at Orchard, so my friends decided on the place and I joined them after my hair cut! Ok, Ajisen Nagomi is the high class version of Ajisen, there is another outlet at Bugis Junction. Anyway, this is suppose to be a sushi restaurant and the sushi are supposed to be hand-made so I guess you pay a price for it. Service wise is so so only. The salmon sushi was @$2 for 2 pieces. The salmon looked huge!

I ordered the BBQ pork belly! It was very tasty with abit of spicy taste. However, I thought the price was a little too steep. This dish cost about $10 and there were not many pieces to start with! Well, maybe it is the Orchard area thingy!
Wee had a type of clay pot rice thingy with beef and kim chi. I commented that it looked like a clay pot rice ala-japan way, but he said that it was weird as there was kim chi in it! He insisted it was Korean! And he also mentioned that Chinese clay pot rice tasted better too! Anyway, no matter, what! He finished his food as usual!

No comments: