Wednesday, January 25, 2006

i-chinatown again and again!

My third trip to Chinatown… accompanied J there to get the feel of CNY and with all the CNY decoration. I am sure he will!

We had desserts at JinJin 101 again as this was a decent quiet place in blustering Chinatown to get a seat and rest! We tried the Walnut Cream with Tang Yuen. It turned watery even before we could finish it. Lousy! We also ordered Wheatgrass jelly with dragon fruits. This is a weird combo. It has raisins in it, atap seeds, dried longan. I did not finish this. The taste did not compliment each other at all. We also tried the durian bread. It was just so so, the durian puree taste was lacking and the fragrant was not there! I would rate everything 2/5 today!

Dinner was at Bei Fang Feng Wei along smith street. We wanted to try the fried fish that they specialize in. We paid $18 instead of the publish rate of $15 due to the increase price in fish during CNY season. Felt slightly cheated on that! The fish came out looking nice. But after a few bites into it, I somehow got sick of it. I felt that I was taking in more flour den anything! We also ordered the silver fish with eggs. It turned out to be quite salty, perhaps due to the silver fish.

We left the place and do not think we will be back soon again!

No comments: