Friday, January 20, 2006

i-love letters

This is one of the typical Chinese new year goodies! Love Letters!

Actually I prefer the ones that are folded in a triangle! I bought some of the folded ones from KL before and I love it! It is so thin that it simply flakes in the mouth! I got it from one of the stalls in Sungei Wang supermarket. I know that it may not be the best, but I like it!

I have seen some with sesame seeds too. I bought a tin from a old bakery shop in Beach Road. Tried it and I thought it was quite fragrant. Maybe cos I like the smell of sesame!

Usual ingredients are flour, egg, coconut milk and sugar. I have seen some that adds chocolate chips in it too! Not my cup of tea!

Anyway, the one in this picture is from Indonesia! ‘Charcoal Baked’. Not as nice as the ones I had from KL though!

Just eating it to fill my hunger pangs!

No comments: